Sunday, December 27, 2009

Missions and another great example

Just last week one of my best friends, big Al got his mission call to serve in Novosibirsk, Russia. i'm not sure when he's leaving but that's irrelevant. I'm almost the age of a missionary, in fact i'll be 19 in 552 days exactly! which sounds like a lot but it's pretty much a year and a half. I'm way sad that he's leaving because i'm pretty selfish like that but i recognize how big this is for him and how hard he's worked for it. He's always had a seemingly insatiable thirst to learn language too, so this is an awesome opportunity for him. I spent most days of my early childhood at al's house and one thing I remember was that when his brother Eric was on a mission in Brazil, Al would write him at least once a week and would always talk about how he wanted to be a missionary. Even as a kid Al knew he wanted to serve a mission and now he's doing it! go rock it Al! You know I'm praying for you!
Peace,
Jaden
Just one great quote to think about
1. "You will make a lousy anybody else, but you are the best you in existence. You are the only one who can use your ability. It is an awesome responsibilty." -Zig Ziglar

1 comment:

  1. I agree--Al is going to be a great missionary. I always like to hear him bear his testimony. His comments are right to the point and so honest. I hope you're looking forward to being a missionary, too.

    Where do you find the great quotes you are posting? I love the one you posted with this.

    ReplyDelete